Needed urgently

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just installed extra USB ports and, apparently, i need the new USB 2 patch. Does anyone know where i can get this?

Thanks in advance

Assuming you're running some flavor of Windows, check out the Microsoft site.
Did you just add a USB 2 card? If you did it would normally come with any drivers.
If your OS is WinXP it shouldn't be needed.
Give us a quick rundown on your hardware and we should be able to help.

running XP Pro, didn't add a card just added extra ports connected to the USB2 location on the motherboard. Found a patch but it said i needed to have service pack 1 installed. Tried doing this from windows site but it wouldn't allow me to install.

Sounds as though you haven't updated your OS recently, a bit silly really becuase you need to to correct that buffer overflow problem.
Suggest you get onto the MS site again and load all the updates they suggest, it may take some time (especially if you haven't loaded service pack 1 yet) but it needs doing.
Should solve all your problems.
BTW, you have to install some of the updates in sequence which is probaby why it won't let install some items.
I hope you're keeping your firewall and virus definitions updated?

Manage d to d/l the SP1 and the USB2 patch, but i still can't get the new ports to work. This is really doing my nut in
If anyone has any more ideas please let me know

What's your device manager telling you about your USB ports?

Hmmm.....try right clicking and properties and see what driver it's using, it may be trying to use something strange.
If that doesn't help try contacting MS, I've found them quite helpful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back