needin a hand folks!

Simonch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, not posted in a while.

doing a calander this year for the local lifeboat crew, and i have a photo i want to use, that has a bit of a messy bit in the middle. i cant find the photoshop challenge section of the forum any more, dont know if its been moved or deleted... if any1 could do a quick touch up, that would be great!! cheers guys

simon

CopyofStoneyatevening.jpg

dslrchat,

i like what you have done, but i was more specifically speaking about a bit slightly bottom right of centre on the photograph, where i have tried to clone out a lens flare, and failed miserably. Thanks for you're help tho, can any1 give me a hand?

I actually wouldn't worry about the lens flare. I think it adds character and another point of interest to the shot. I noticed, though, that there are many gray smudges right above the rooftops. There is one right next to the steeple, and two more to the far right, and one to the far left. They don't look like birds; they look kinda like sensor dust. You may want to clone those out. Also, I think that the image could use a bit of contrast.

Unfortunately, I see some severe halos and a strange color-cast in the edited one below.

How big is the picture going to be on the calendar? I'm assuming 8x10 or 11x14?

Unfortunately, there were already some artifacts or something in the version you posted, so mine shows 'em too. I fiddled with the levels and added a tad of saturation in the sky, and a bit more sharpness in the water. Not sure if its what you're looking for, but I hope it helps =)

(I tried to do an inline photo but its not showing up for some reason. Sorry!)

photo

http://picasaweb.google.com/Pamela.Follett/UntitledAlbum/photo#5199601692790042994
photo

hedonia, i really like you're efforts, the sharpness on the water especially!! but im not trying to to sound ungreatful here, but the main thing i was after was the strange looking bit near the middle of the photo where i have tried to clone out the flare (it was less a flare and more a monstrosaty caused by a chip in the lens) lol, and was wondering if any1 could help clone out this mess ive made, you have to look kinda close!! im really sorry, and totally appreciative of you're efforts and love what you have done!

Whoops! I should slow down and read. I though you meant the flare in the sky =)
Do you the have the original, non-retouched? I'm having trouble ID-ing what you've done, cloning-wise. Do you mean the kind of greenish looking circle over the buildings? If you have the original, I could give it a go, but I don't think I could improve what you already did. Its not that noticeable, I guess!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back