needing advice for studio set up lighting...

sarisotta_21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am wanting to venture into studio lighting...ive used continuous lighting and im ready to try some strobes..ive already asked about decent affordable strobe kits in a previous post..but still have yet to find anything that im really wanting...any further advice for what equipment I need to do portraits..single..family..and so on..what size umbrellas do I need for family photos and little kids...and what all equipment I need for a full studio hook up.
..sorry lots of questions in one post but ive been reading and learning a lot and have yet to get a good answer for all the equipment I need to be able to achieve everything in one. Again I don t need anything fancy to start off learning...$250ish is what im looking at as of right now...my camera is nikon d7000 if that helps...

I am wanting to venture into studio lighting...ive used continuous lighting and im ready to try some strobes..ive already asked about decent affordable strobe kits in a previous post..but still have yet to find anything that im really wanting...any further advice for what equipment I need to do portraits..single..family..and so on..what size umbrellas do I need for family photos and little kids...and what all equipment I need for a full studio hook up.
..sorry lots of questions in one post but ive been reading and learning a lot and have yet to get a good answer for all the equipment I need to be able to achieve everything in one. Again I don t need anything fancy to start off learning...$250ish is what im looking at as of right now...my camera is nikon d7000 if that helps...

Thats not much of a budget, it might get you a couple of good stands

Thats not much of a budget, it might get you a couple of good stands

X2.
Maybe take a look at adorama. You can get one flashpoint 320 with a stand for $120 I believe. Then look through their modifiers. The umbrella are the cheapest.

I haven't looked at your other post but maybe try Craigslist. I picked up an Interfit kit, two EXD200's wtih stands, two softbox's and an umbrella for $200 a couple of years ago and have been happy with them. Still learning how to use them but seem pretty good for what I paid.
Interfit EXD200 Digital, Two Monolight Flash Head Kit INT119

Most reactions

New Topics

Back