negative exchange

motcon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
group-11.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
general concept: 35mm b&w negatives are sent to other b&w shooters who have access to a darkroom. the negatives are printed by interpretation, then all are posted.

the flow: as many that would like to be involved shall be. an order of negative rotation will be established. the negatives are sent and a print produced in 10 days. nothing is done with prints at this point. the negatives are sent along in rotation. again, print in 10 days. each owner should get his/her neg back around the same time. a thread is then created by the owner of the neg and each interpretation print then posted for all to see.

fun !!!!!!!!!! :)

this will be a great way to see what kind of creative interpretations exist here as well as great exposure to different types of paper, developers, etc.

sooooooooo to get involved, just respond here (and get to the irc channel!).

happy with chemicals and be safe shooting. or something like that.

*note. i think in the overall scheme, 10 days for each print is too long as it could take 4 to 5 months to get one rotation done at that rate. we'll adjust accordingly.

motcon said:
*note. i think in the overall scheme, 10 days for each print is too long as it could take 4 to 5 months to get one rotation done at that rate. we'll adjust accordingly.

ok, so my thinking cap fell into the toilet tonight. we just have groups of three . solved.

post, damn it!

yeah, wait a month till I get my dark room finished and I will join. Darn, thing has run into more money than I figured. Wife took away my credit card.

I'm interested. I still need a bit of stuff and will be a little while like everyone else.

Sounds fun. I can start whenever. The only thing I need to know is how do i get to the IRC channel?

ksmattfish said:
Sounds fun. I can start whenever.

Actually, I just realized I have the opposite problem that most of you have. My darkroom is running, but I don't have a scanner. I'll figure something out.

the alternative is to send the print to someone w/a scanner. shouldn't cost more than 70 cents or so to send it. i know i'll be glad to scan.

ksm: irc channel. see the irc thread in off topic area. you will need this program:

www.mirc.com

ok then.

ksmatt: ready now. if you send the prints, i'll be happy to scan.
carlita: ready now.
orie: says a month, but....sessy! hurry!
tyjax: wife has credit card. not good. get it back; do something nice. hurry!
voodoo: not sure what you need to do yet. hurry!
me: hell, i'm ready.

soooooooooo...what say we have a round of 3 ppl this time?

me
carli
ksm

start thinking about which neg you want to send around. i'll put up a page on my domain with everything (ppl involved, addresses, etc.).

fun stuff :)

Alright, I think I figured out the IRC.

I'll look for you guys on there for more info.

Most reactions

Back