neglected

Ab$olut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well with my new found knowlege thanks from all the great people on here I decided today i'd shoot my old bike thats been sat in the shed for about 2 years rusting away :( I really miss it but can't afford to put it back on the road.

I have edited some of the pics with various things just experimenting really and I think ive really nailed the aperture thing!

bikeedit1bi0.jpg

bikeedit2kr6.jpg

bikeedit3vn4.jpg

bikeedit5by6.jpg

bikeedit6sf7.jpg

7.The only one without editing as I felt it didn't need it
img1592mu1.jpg

Well there you go enjoy! C&C welcome :)

It's difficult to tell what the pictures are even with the introduction. Also, several are out of focus. Try taking a step away from your subject in order to gain focus and clarity. For instance, in the first picture, the depth of field is difficult to grasp becasue everything is blurred and unfocused. Reshoot the shot after taking a step back, and I think you'll enjoy your result more because part of your shot will be in focus.

Best of luck!

Andrea

andreag5 said:
It's difficult to tell what the pictures are even with the introduction. Also, several are out of focus. Try taking a step away from your subject in order to gain focus and clarity. For instance, in the first picture, the depth of field is difficult to grasp becasue everything is blurred and unfocused. Reshoot the shot after taking a step back, and I think you'll enjoy your result more because part of your shot will be in focus.

Best of luck!

Andrea
I guess it is now I look at it must be because im a little tired here anyway yeah you can't really tell what the things are unless your a petrolhead really but I really don't like taking pics of the whole bike and my back garden aint exsacly the nicest of shooting locations.

The only one I can see really out of focus is the first and second?? :confused: I turned the focus right down to a a few cm as any further the bg would come unblurred for some reason even at f2.8 :meh::confused:

img1589mediumub3.jpg

another one of the exhaust better than the first two

Good use of texture on #4. Most of these are too dark for closeups, however. You could try either using a reflector to improve how the subject is lit, or possibly decrease your shutter speed a couple of steps. Either of these might help you achieve the effect you're going for.

Mad_Gnome said:
Good use of texture on #4. Most of these are too dark for closeups, however. You could try either using a reflector to improve how the subject is lit, or possibly decrease your shutter speed a couple of steps. Either of these might help you achieve the effect you're going for.

Thanks.

Yeah it was pretty gloomy today i'll keep that in mind for next time. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back