Neices picture

ygil707

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi . I went hinking with my niece and took some pics. I'm new to photography so please let me know what I can do better. Thanks :)

Attachments

• $image-1958124841.jpg
    $image-1958124841.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 91
  • $image-436480325.jpg
    $image-436480325.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 66
  • $image-2866639756.jpg
    $image-2866639756.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 66
  • $image-1950848454.jpg
    $image-1950848454.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 76
  • $image-873601617.jpg
    $image-873601617.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 65
It's a good start; the area I would say which could use immediate improvement is that of framing/composition. You can always create artistic crops in post, but if you don't have the material there to start with... Almost all of these have bits that shouldn't be cut off cut off. It is fine to crop limbs, but always avoid doing it at/through/near joints, never do it laterally, and never leave "little bits" of limbs visible. Crop boldly so that it appears deliberate.

^What he said!

Shoot vertical subjects vertically, unless you have a reason to do otherwise.

Avoid Blown Out backgrounds.. they distract from the subject!

Get a flash and learn to use it... it helps to keep from blowing out backgrounds.

Adding on to the above, a lot of your shots here are looking down on the subject a little. Try getting lower and shooting level - not to say that all shot should be from there but something to consider.

Maybe consider working on distractions. For instances, her smile is incredibly distracting and I think it takes a lot from the picture. Have her close her mouth and smile.

Maybe consider working on distractions. For instances, her smile is incredibly distracting and I think it takes a lot from the picture. Have her close her mouth and smile.

A little girls smile is distracting? Why.. because she is missing some teeth? Some people consider that cute.. and it is definitely part of growing up! Why do you think it is distracting?

I realize it's part of growing up, but I don't think that makes up for the distraction, especially since it's nearly every picture.

I really don't mean to come off as rude, just my opinion.

I don't agree with the smiling deal either. It's good to have kids smiling in pics. I wouldn't try to go for a dramatic look with kids.
I do however think the pics are pretty boring. There's no kick to any of them. #1 is the best but her hair covering her face doesn't look so good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back