Neon Explosion

vegasvisionstudios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.vegasvisionstudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night I lead a workshop shooting the Vintage Neon lights of Las Vegas that remain in working condition in the East Fremont District of Downtown Las Vegas. About 15 of us hit the sidewalks, gutters, bridges and on occasion even the middle of the street as we invaded this 4 block area with tripod mounted cameras and shutter releases.

As I have personally shot this area on numerous occasion I started playing around and shifting / dragging focal length on long 8-15 second exposures taken from a bridge that crosses Fremont Street. The results were fun even if a bit abstract but it was nice to approach the same shots with different techniques. The class seemed to enjoy the diversion from the pursuit of perfect focus as well.

Here is an example of what was done. This is SOC with the exception of basic raw adjustments and a little bit of burn tool to close down the background shadows.

Attachments

• $DSC_7158.jpg
    $DSC_7158.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Thanks, I rarely do any cropping until I am ready to print. I find it better to go into my print process with as much image available as possible and then crop to specific print sizes.

Most reactions

Back