Nervous...Giv meh warm fuzzies plz!!!

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not totally in a serious mood here... except for the nervous part!!!

I have my first real paying client in about three hours, and I feel like I've forgotten absolutely everything about photography.

I just tried to take a nap, and had a dream that I brought my kids instead of the camera, and my car caught on fire on the way down! No kidding:lmao::lmao:

So umm... anybody have warm fuzzies and words of wisdom or inspiration before I go down to this thing *in a hopefully non blowing up/smoking/flaming vehicle???*

It's a senior session, outdoors on a farm, and then going downtown for some urban shots around sunset. Help!

I've seen where you were, where you are now and would not hesitate to have you take my portraits. Looking forward to seeing your results.:thumbup:

Thanks, both =)

I don't know what it is..I've sang for groups of two hundred or more people...played my violin at weddings (which is not nearly as taboo as photographing a wedding LOL).. And not once have I ever been as nervous as I am about doing pictures! Gah!

Tanks for the encouragement. I'm also really excited despite the nervousness. The girl is really sweet and absolutely gorgeous =)

I'm also nervous about shooting downtown though...A couple of young women and a couple thousand dollars of camera equipment? That "do you carry" thread has me really thinking! Maybe I'll ask my older brother, or the girl's dad to come along for the downtown shots...

Good luck girl!!! You got this!! :hug::

Ive followed your threads on here and your work has been very pleasing. You really do an amazing job and can see that you put your love for what you do in each and every shot! I wouldnt hesitate to pay for your work either. Youll do great! Good luck... Looking forward to seeing them :)

you'll be fine. telling you when you go there, u'll find things on your own

You're gonna be great. Every single photograph I've seen you post has been damn near magic.

Don't stress. Take a shot and relax. ;) Just kidding.

Just relax and be yourself. I take time to talk to a nervous model before ever picking up the camera. That way they see there's nothing to be nervous about, they know who they are with a bit more, it relaxes them. It works both ways.

Just relax and be yourself. I take time to talk to a nervous model before ever picking up the camera. That way they see there's nothing to be nervous about, they know who they are with a bit more, it relaxes them. It works both ways.
:thumbup:
Good idea!..

Relax as much as you can. You will do fine. YOu have a digital SLR,so you can see how good your exposures are without having to wait a week, so don't sweat it. Figure out your exposure for each different setting, and then shoot the $h!+ out of it, then move to the next portrait setting, re-compute the best exposure settings, and repeat.

Thanks for all the support everyone! You have no idea how much it helped to hear your words of encouragement! :hug:: Having a group like this full of others who understand how rewarding photography can be is totally invaluable =)

I have soooo many pictures from tonight! We litterally drove all around and pulled over to shoot whenever we saw an area that looked good for pictures LOL. Fields..barns...downtown with reflective windows...lamp posts...a cathedral...a tractor... we had a blast!

I just have one for tonight with tons more to start working on. I'm finally getting to where it's really difficult to PICK which ones to go with, because I'm in love with so many =)

Here's my favorite so far, I tried a different route with the processing than ussual. I may go back to touch it up a bit more, the blacks are looking clipped to me. But here it is as-is so far:

5049214739_35e73a402e.jpg

Last edited:
I'm soooo glad to hear it went well for you today!! And it sounds like you had FUN!!!
Nice picture......I can't wait to see more!!

Most reactions

Back