Never Forget

Ripnowell45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is was taken about an hour ago at a 9/11 Memorial near me that over looks NYC. Let me know what you think this is the first night shot I have ever done.

Editcrop.jpg

that's one heck of an eagle. I think further away and with a telephoto lens would have been better becuase that way the city would be larger and you would be able to recognize it.

that's one heck of an eagle. I think further away and with a telephoto lens would have been better becuase that way the city would be larger and you would be able to recognize it.
Wouldnt the eagle be cut out of the photo then?

I like it but i would agree, the city would be really cool if it were more recongizable, but that cant be helped

great shot

good color and light balance..

from that distance theres almost no way, what you got is good !!

If you are thinking about the "compression effect" that supposedly comes with a telephoto lens:
you would just bring the citylights maybye a hair closer to the eagle, looking like its compressing it a little..
but the the relative image heights of distant objects will NOT change with lens focal length.
sorry , Its a wifes tail...

It has more to do with our field of view changing then anything else, not the length of the lens....

aside form that, yeah you could just get a bigma and a 2x extender and shoot the skyline, but the eagle would NOT be in the picture....

I like it a lot. It's just a shame about the city though like others have said - if I hadn't been told I'd have never guessed where it was.. :-/

I guess it is a local thing. My area was hit very hard in losses in 9/11 so they built this memorial. I actually took the picture last night and I have people at work asking me if they can have a copy. Not sure if I want to make money off of this shot I might just give it to the people that want it.

The picture is nice. Just feel that the eagle is a little overwhelming. Will it be better if more space is left around it?

Most reactions

Back