Never new subjects - need advice

JayJay65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im finally improving my photography skills alot, but one thing stands in my way.. the change in scenery; ive taken shots of everything at my mom and dads house and everything intresting in walking distance.. and i need new places and new subjects to take pictures of... mom- sleeps alot, doesnt have a working car, has a busy scheduel and is a mother of a family of 8.. moms bf works alot and is exausted when he comes home.. and my dad works from 8am'ish to 8/9pm (continue on next post)

so i nearly never can have rides.. and even if i did, i wouldnt know were to go...

Please, can you guys give me any advice?

- Jesse

I don't know if public transportation is available to you. If it is, you could go on trips further out.
If you can't, how about getting extension tubes (or one) and do some macro photography. It would open up a whole world of texture and and subjects that most people don't notice.

You could also do something that could be a little boring but could teach you allot. You could do some landscape or street scene photography of the same subjects but in different light. Or at night. You could explore long exposure photography. Just generally hone your skills so when the time comes when you can get around on your own you will be well prepared.

One last thing:
I know that it sometimes feels like there is nothing to shoot in a particular place. But just sit there for 10 minutes, you will be amazed how many things you can pick up on that you normally would never notice.

ive done that, i sat outside on the driveway watching the sun set appear and disappear (about 2 hours), didnt move from that spot at all..

Like the suggestion Remi had, any to sharpen my photography skills would be appricated

Have you worked the same shots with a tripod, doing longer exposures? Maybe you can wait till dusk and get some headlights of cars streaking by.

I would vote for a Macro lens, or some extension tubes or macro enlargement filters. Macro photography opens up a ton of new possibilities just around the house.

Hi!

Well,
We can't have photography subjests available for 24/7...
Sometimes you may find things to pic, but sometimes you won't.

Try to look for things, go to different places you like, interesting parts of your city or country (well, easy to say for me - I live in a small country).

This is what I think...

Yaad

How about 'A Day in the life of your Mom'?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back