Never used film and am looking to get a film camera.

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've only been doing photography for about a year and a half (as I have stated) and have NO EXPERIENCE working with film cameras. I don't even know how to load film or anything about anything when it comes to working with film. I don't have the money to go to the local community college for some classes.. What are some good books/sites that might help me get started? Something with pictures would be a big plus for me as well. If this has been asked before I'm sorry for reposting it. I couldn't find a search feature..Thanks in advance!

kidtwist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Try Basic Photography by Michael Langford. The lastest edition (7th) covers both film and digital. It's a great book. Lots of pictures. Very comprehensive.

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
A fabulous film-only beginner's book is "Black & White Photography: A Basic Manual" by Henry Horenstein. You'll really get the lowdown on film, how to load it, expose it, as well as good info on film camera bodies and the lens/shutter relationship, and how to develop at home if you want to go that far. I think there are pictures as well as diagrams throughout the whole thing.

You'll feel pretty empowered once you get through it. :)

OP
Weaving Wax

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks guys! I'll look into those.

Most reactions

New Topics