New and need advice ASAP!

jd64848704

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I discovered my love of photography when snapping pictures of my son with my digital camera and then android phone using Instagram-by no means are they quality photo shooting equipment, but I love to capture a moment and I'm good at incorporating backgrounds and making a photo complete. I enjoy it, and want to make a it a professional hobby!

Now, I'm ready to make the jump and buy a great starter camera. I will just be learning, taking portraits of my own son, pictures that capture interest, and learning photo shop. I'm by no means going into professional status anytime soon but would like to at some point (knowing full well that I have A LOT of learning to do before I get there).

Keeping this in mind, what would you recommend for a great learning camera that I won't break the bank on? I don't want to invest a ton of money before I actually start courses and I'm sure that I want to invest all the time and money into my past-time to turn it into a profession.

Your help is greatly appreciated as I don't know the terminologies, what specs I need for what, etc. As I said, I have an extremely small amount of experience on my own and have never bought a camera that cost more than $100! :) I'm hoping to only spend in the range of $350 for my learning piece.

Any advice and suggestions are so appreciated... thanks!

Jess

At that price point, try getting a bridge camera that offers manual settings. Not sure that you will be able to find a DSLR and lens for that price.

Bridge meaning a camera with a fixed zoom lens...

Im selling my old camera.

At that price point, try getting a bridge camera that offers manual settings. Not sure that you will be able to find a DSLR and lens for that price.

Used.

For $350 range. You maybe able to get a used DSLR or a new mirrorless, interchangable lens camera system (i.e. Olympus Pen)

Check out Keh.com, adorama.com and bhphotovideo.com for used gears.

i recommend the bakery business or anything else.

I'm not sure that you'll be able to find much at that price that will really enable you to learn. I would wait, put more money together and look into a better dslr, once you hit the $600-700 quality of cameras will benefit you much more than throwing away $350 on something you won't be happy with.

I'm not sure that you'll be able to find much at that price that will really enable you to learn. I would wait, put more money together and look into a better dslr, once you hit the $600-700 quality of cameras will benefit you much more than throwing away $350 on something you won't be happy with.

Agree. If all you have is a pont and shoot camera, where it does all of the thinking for you, there is little chance you will learn anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back