New around here

sweptvolume

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Houston, Texas; Russellville and Fayetteville, Ark
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! I am new here, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Tate, and I have a little more info on my profile. I'm a 22 year old race engine builder and student. I'll cut to the chase.
I was digging through the attic and I came across some stuff my dad gave me. It's a 1980 Canon AE1 (Sorry for the crappy pics, they're all I've got.)
IMG_0002.jpg

It has a couple extra lenses, but I couldn't tell you anything about them.
IMG_0004.jpg

Manual film advance which I don't mind, but it doesn't work and needs to be repaired. Hopefully there's a camera shop in the area that can repair stuff like this. It does have a max shutter speed of 1000FPS, so it might be enough to do some slow speed action shots.
Lastly, he gave me a Canon AutoBellows system for extreme close up shots. I have NO idea how to use it, but I'll do some reading.
IMG_0005.jpg

I feel like I'm overwhelming myself, having a couple short blocks to put together on the side, hitting golf balls every day, teaching myself to play the guitar and piano, plinking with my .223, and now this, but it's nice to stay busy and not spend a ton of money. Thanks for checking it out and if anyone's got any advice, I'm all ears!
I'd really like to do some very amateur photography, downtown Houston can be a pretty place at night.

Welcome to the forum!

Are looking to get this camera fixed? If so there is a place to do this from what I read in a magazine the other day--www.essexcamera.com
There is probably more, just do a google-:)
You live in Houston-well all I can say is-start shooting pictures and post away-:)

Absolutely AMAZING. My dad gave me the same exact camera!!!! And he also gave me an extra lens also. That is amazing. He has taken some unreal photos with it, so I would definitely get it repaired. You're in for a real treat getting into photography in anyway. Its addicting.
Welcome to the forum (I'm a newbie too ;-) )

I appreciate the responses. I'm really looking forward to snapping some photos! ryyback, thank you for the link to Essex, if I can't find a place locally that can do it I'll send it out that way.

Edit: I emailed Essex and they sent me a quote immediately. Looks like a good price so I'll be sending the Canon out that way. Thanks, ryyback!

I appreciate the responses. I'm really looking forward to snapping some photos! ryyback, thank you for the link to Essex, if I can't find a place locally that can do it I'll send it out that way.

Edit: I emailed Essex and they sent me a quote immediately. Looks like a good price so I'll be sending the Canon out that way. Thanks, ryyback!

No problem-:)
Post some pictures when you get going, we'd love to see Houston-:wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back