New baby on the way!! Tips please!

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, my brother and his girlfriend will be having their baby girl today, me being a first time uncle and someone who loves photography, I was wondering if there are any tips to help capture the mom and baby together in a special way. Also any other tips would great for taking good pictures of the baby girl! All I have is a point and shoot which has manual settings that I do know how to use if that helps anyone as far as what to tell me. Thanks a lot!! -BIG :D

Here she is everyone! My little niece 7lbs 7oz. So proud of my bro! :mrgreen:
I know they are a little dark but I can't use the flash with her eyes so sensitive.
IMG_4985-Copy-1.jpg

IMG_4984copy-1.jpg

Awesome, congratulations!

Get yourself a Speedlight that you can bounce off a wall or ceiling. The indirect light does wonders for moments like these.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you don't have a DSLR (yet). :) Good news is that you can still bounce your flash for free if you can get a business card under your flash.

Set it so that the flash fires into the white business card (or white card stock of some kind), and reflects off the ceiling. Should create a nice soft light that isn't direct and harsh.

Awesome, congratulations!

Get yourself a Speedlight that you can bounce off a wall or ceiling. The indirect light does wonders for moments like these.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you don't have a DSLR (yet). :) Good news is that you can still bounce your flash for free if you can get a business card under your flash.

Set it so that the flash fires into the white business card (or white card stock of some kind), and reflects off the ceiling. Should create a nice soft light that isn't direct and harsh.
You just helped me out soo much!! I have been having a lot of trouble with indoor shooting lately. I get frustrated when I can't get a good shot. Plus shutting the flash off always makes the pictures blurry when someone moves... I will give your suggestion a try. Gunna go practice right now!! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back