New blooms today

I like how your white showed up. Defused flash . Something I have to work in. Have to figure how to get the flash to fire during daylight.

I like how your white showed up. Defused flash . Something I have to work in. Have to figure how to get the flash to fire during daylight.
One of the secrets to this is for the camera to be in very close proximity to the subject. I use a SB700 with the diffusion dome and the whole thing is on the camera. I set the shutter speed to 1/250 and f/22 so I'm not getting much if any ambient light. With the flash being so close to the subject and with the dome installed, it becomes a relatively large diffused light source. I use the R1C1 from time to time as well but, the SB700 does pretty well as long as you get really close.

Good lighting, good focus, nice degree of diffusion on the flash. Looks like your sensor's pretty clean too! White balance seems just a little bit cool to neutral on these. First shot seems like it's a bit greenish...maybe add some magenta in post? 5 to 10 units, to counteract the slight green tinge? probakly due to all the greenery around the blossom contaminating the neutrals a bit. Not sure what S/W these were prepped with, but Adobe cannot actually read Nikon's encrypted WB, and I often find Adobe WB 500 to 1,00 degrees off.

Lovely work ,I really like all the texture found in the flowers

The texture on the petals is what make it for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back