New Calibrated monitor

Patriot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did it take anyone some time to get use to a calibrated monitor? The colors just doesn't look right, but this is due that I'm use to un-calibrated screens. I know the colors on the monitor should be right because it came with a color calibration testing report.

Do you have to re calibrate the monitor once you get it or is it ok to leave it as it came?

The monitor I have is the Asus PA249Q with 99% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB, and 120% NTSC

Last edited:
I've never bought, or even looked into, a monitor like that, so I don't know if you are expected to calibrate it when you get it. But with every other calibration system that I've seen, they want you to re-calibrate every 2 to 4 weeks. Some of them even come with an ambient light meter that measures the ambient light and re calibrates based on that, every 15 minutes.

I would suggest you do some digging to see what the manufacturer of your monitor suggests.

And yes, it usually does look a little 'weird' at first, but in my experience, that only lasts a few minutes.

A calibration from factory is great, but it won't help you a lot when connecting it to your computer that uses a different graphic card, drivers, operating system etc.
Each display-computer combination has to be calibrated from scratch. Furthermore, like Big Mike mentioned, you need to recalibrate, given that monitors have their lifecycle.
Indeed you won't notice a difference in some months, but there is a slight difference that a sensor will recognize.

These sensors have a function that remind you to recalibrate (for my Spyder4 sensor it's called ReCAL). I recommend you to do that.

By the way, once calibrated, your eyes need some minutes to get used to it. But if it persists, it is not normal. But also be aware that a 98% AdobeRGB display shows stronger colors, so that's maybe what you need to get used to. ;-)

Ok thanks guys for the help. I will re calibrate it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back