IndieMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,​

I got a new camera yesterday a Canon PowerShot S3 IS to be excact.​

I've been reading the little book but it does not give enough information.​

I seen online there's this Pro Canon S3 IS user guied book but I don't buy online.​

So I have a few questions if anyone could help! I like taking photos of birds and other animals so what is the best mode to use so my photos don't turn our blurry because I really hate using flashes as I think they make nature look unreal. I also try taking Macro shots of flowers and even when I keep my hand still it gets just a touch blurry in the photos. This camera was used 2 times from the previous owner so maybe they switched some things around.. there's SO many bottons and I'm doing my best to figure them out. :blushing:​

For both photos below I used the P Mode.​

As you can see in this photo the tree is not as clear as it should be, I also zoomed up so maybe that's the problem.
Picture605.jpg

In this photo it's nice but I see somthing wrong but I'm not sure what it is, I think it's how not clear enough it is.
Picture607.jpg

the second photo is distorted from a short focal length.

Make sure your IS is on..that'll help with zooming and whatnot.

The only reason for blurring is the shutter speed is too slow...so anything that'll make your shutter speed faster would help in this case.

Also, a tripod can fix it without slower shutter speed...but then you gotta turn IS off.

Good luck.

the second photo is distorted from a short focal length.

Make sure your IS is on..that'll help with zooming and whatnot.

The only reason for blurring is the shutter speed is too slow...so anything that'll make your shutter speed faster would help in this case.

Also, a tripod can fix it without slower shutter speed...but then you gotta turn IS off.

Good luck.
How do you turn an IS on and off?

So an IS helps make zooming more clear right?

And how do I make my shutter speed faster?

Sorry for all the questions lol.

How do you turn an IS on and off?

So an IS helps make zooming more clear right?

And how do I make my shutter speed faster?

Sorry for all the questions lol.

Look in your menu (read the manual also)

Shutter speed can be adjusted in either Tv mode or M mode. it's the non decimal number.

IS doesn't really make zoom clearer...it reduces shake. It helps no matter what zoom level. It lets you use a slower shutter speed to hand hold. Does not stop action any better though.

Hope it helps. You should really read the manual...lots of your questions will probably be answered.

Thanks,

I printed off 32 pages of info online.

It helped allot.

The camera blurry - ness has stopped but I'm still working on getting the photos more clear.

Doing much better tho.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back