New camera for an amatuer

Mack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm just starting to get into photography and hoping to make a living out of it someday, I was wondering what are some good cameras for a amatuer/ semi professional? I was looking at the fuji s9500, But you can't change the lenses so it will become out of date and have to buy a whole new one. I was hoping to get a Sony one, Some i was looking at were the

DSCR1 -But that's not a real DSLR is it
DSCF828 -Heh.. i don't know about the 1,800 Pricetag plus lenses = a fortune

On the Canon side

the Rebel XT/350D looks very nice, Just my dad wanted to stick with sony but is the only good one is 2 grand we might have to switch:p

Can anybody help me out seriously? I hope you can and also can you add me to msn ( langerrox(at)hotmail.com ) as i need a pro to talk to ;)

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Mack

EOS350D would be significantly more flexible than the Sony. For $2k you could get a few great lenses to go with it.

Rob

just scammed my dad into getting me a fuji S9500 for free:) ill get that! if my photography takes off ill consider a better /proper D-SLR, Plus its 899$ AUD with a 1gig card, Can't Complain at all

Cheers,
Mack

Mack said:
just scammed my dad into getting me a fuji S9500 for free:) ill get that! if my photography takes off ill consider a better /proper D-SLR, Plus its 899$ AUD with a 1gig card, Can't Complain at all
Look at their lens selection - it sucks, and they're horrendously expensive. No third party lenses (except for 2 low end sigmas). No fast primes.

And you're stuck with the small chip, which gives you noise. Flashes aren't on par with Canon, let alone nikon... And I keep hearing the AF isn't so great.

But if you go through with it, lemme know how you like it in professional use.

Most reactions

Back