new camera, new

untouchednalive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everyone! So I finally got my dslr the nikon d5000. I can simply say that I'm in love! Slowly I've been taking shots of this and that, mostly for practice. I've tried some different setting and even different styles. I've taken some pretty good shots and a lot that just prove that I'm a newbie. Right now my main concern is remembering all the information I gathered from the (shorter then I though was going to be) Beginners Photography class I took. Such things like aperture, shutter, ISO are all overwhelming to me. The more I mess around and try things out, the more I learn about my camera...but also the more i can't seem to remember. I'm sure I'll get it with time....until then Practice, Practice, Practice. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some pics for c&c!

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your camera and your new hobby. Don't let yourself be intimidated by all the jargon, controls and whatnot, you'll soon get the hang of it. the technical side of things are not that complicated, it's just a box with a lens to let light in, a shutter to open and shut the box and a sensor at the back of it all to record the image. The book you found in the box your camera came in is a great learning tool. Go through it a couple of times with your camera in hand and soon enough you'll be delighting the forum with nice photos.

BTW, thanks for using capitals, punctuation and readable sentence structure, it makes posts so much easier to read.

Yeah I actually carry the book in my camera bag just in case something comes up that I might want a better shot of, or even if some thing does not seem right and I might just want to make sure I did not break anything lol :lol:. As far as the capitals, punctuations and such, all I can say is that I try... so Thanks for re-enforcing me in that area of my post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back