New Camera!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought myself a birthday present! A yashica c tlr. I was looking for a rolleiflex but as a poor college kid under one hundred dollars was my limit. It's not my first experience with medium format but it is my first experience with a twin lens camera. I am excited for something new! I will post some photos of it when it gets here.

Yashica TLRs are great and capable of beautiful pics. Congrats!

You're going to have alot of fun with that camera. THe first time you use it you'll feel very insecure about whether or not you actually took a picture. There is no mirror slaping up and the shutter so quiet so you don't get any feedback form it whatsoever. All you will hear if it is quiet enough is a zit... and the deed is done. No shake, no black out, nuttin!

But when you develope the roll, you will light up with a shiit eatting grin from ear to ear with joy.

Oh and did anyone tell you how light the camera is?

I had to grin reading Paul's comment. His description of feeling as if no photo was taken is spot on. Just the tinest little psclick.

My first medium format camera was also a Yashica TLR. I bought a Mat 124 G new back in about 1984. I can still remember when I got my first roll back from processing, looking through the photos, and just going WOW! Some of the best photos I've ever taken were taken with that camera.

Wow! Thank you everyone for all the feedback and good-to-know info! This makes me even more excited!!! I am happy to see that I picked a great camera and the thread wasn't filled with "why did you get that camera?!" comments :D

Maybe I will break my rule of not scanning any of my prints just for you guys :mrgreen:

It is suppose to get here by the weekend, along with my 120 Tmax from B and H, and coincidentally it is suppose to be a very sunny weekend.

I'm not sure if the C has the same shutter as the Yashicamats, but perhaps I should mention this anyway.... CAUTION

The self timmer will jam the shutter if you use it while in the M sync mode. Be sure to check n see that the flash sync lever on the side is set to X, not M.

Common mistake for people that aren't aware, they try firing it in M using the self timer then the shutter gets stuck.... now try to force it and that causes more problems you can't fix without opening it up.

Just be sure to be aware of this?

I am not aware of that. Thank you very much. This thread turned out to be a very excellent manual :)

Thank you very much! and yes the anticipation is driving me crazy! I keep refreshing the tracking info. haha.

Read the manual several hundred times before Sat. I know youy will anyway.

I am on my forth time through already.

haha I am just kidding. Only one time :)

...so far

well......IT'S HERE!

...and its raining..:(

I have been playing with it an the shutter fires and the shutter speeds seem good(as far as I can tell). The camera is spotless! Not one speak of dust. I was completely amazed! I am going to look for a camera and post some photos of it. Now I just have to shoot some film and make sure everything is really perfect.

Great, take her for a walk. Show her the nabe and treat her nice.

Have lots n lots of fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back