New Camera

Dominik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For the last two years I have been using the Nikon d3100 and I love it but, now I'm going off to college and need a new camera for the course and I want more control over my camera. I am thinking of getting either a Nikon d7100, d700, d600 or the d3. Of course the d700 and d3 are going to be used. I can't decide if I want a full frame or a crop frame camera. I want to shoot a lot of sports like skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, etc. It needs to be at least 6 fps or over. My budget for a camera is $2,500 Canadian. Should I go full frame or crop frame? Are there any other camera rather than these 4 that anyone would recommend for me? The lenses I have are the Nikkor 35mm, Tamron 18-270 (want to replace this with Sigma 150-500), Tamron 90mm and Tokina 11-16mm. I worry that if I get a FX camera these lenses won't do their magic with the camera and be cropped. I don't really have enough to get any new lenses so should I just go with the d7100? When you suggest what camera say why.

Thank you :) !

D7000 is still a good option at a good price (likely to get better now that the D7100 is out), get that and you've got some change for a few nice extras too.

My rule of thumb is if you can afford a Full Frame then get a Full Frame.
The D700 is yesterday camera get the D600, its my dream camera!!!

D700 is better than the D600. Better features, better built.

D700 is better than the D600. Better features, better built.

That's why d700 is in my list, but why do you think it is better?

Don't sell the D7000 so short man. It's still going strong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back