New Camera!

oCyrus55

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I upgraded to the 5D! I haven't got to play with it too much yet because I just got it today, but I had to take some pics. My girlfiend and I were hanging out tonight, so I took her out for a couple shots. She normally doesn't like her picture to be taken, but she made an exception :).

Let me know what you think!

1. Pretty plain, but I like it.
IMG_0086.jpg

2. Ha, I think she looks a little afraid in this photo, but I like it.
IMG_0081.jpg

Thanks for looking!

those really look good, i like the first one more i think, what were the settings you used?

Congrats on your new purchase! Haven't heard anything but compliments about the 5D. Looks like you are already putting it to good use.

Awww, she is beautiful! She shouldn't be camera shy. :) I really like that first shot. Sorry I don't have anything better to say, still too new. lol

Congratulations for putting all that money to a "good" use :) That camera has never failed me. (But I failed the camera a couple of times ;) )

And congratulations to post #500 !

Thanks everyone! The camera is awesome, I love it.

For these shots, I used Av mode, evaluative metering, and ISO around 300.

And thanks Alex!

Awww, she is beautiful! She shouldn't be camera shy. :) I really like that first shot. Sorry I don't have anything better to say, still too new. lol

Ha thats what I think

Are you a prime user? I swear when I first switched to the 5ds, the full frame had me all screwed up. LOL But KILLER bokeh with the 70-200. (Is his what you used?)
Anyhoo, super good!

Are you a prime user? I swear when I first switched to the 5ds, the full frame had me all screwed up. LOL But KILLER bokeh with the 70-200. (Is his what you used?)
Anyhoo, super good!

Yeh, for these shots I used a prime lens, the 85mm around f/3.5 to 5.6. The bokeh it creates is amazing.
The full frame is awesome, the viewfinder is so huge compared to smaller sensor cameras.

Thanks again!

wow really nice pictures!, congrats

Thanks anthwinter!

I hear complaints about the 5D all the time:

"this sensor is so big, it hurts my neck to carry it"

"There is too much Bokeh"

"I cant get the noise I want in this shot"

:lol: Seriously though, congratulations and I am super jealous.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back