New Canon D40

CanadianMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I had a pretty good idea what I wanted and what my budget was. I was at a the Camera Store where I used to buy all my photo and black room equipment. It was like almost 20 years ago and the Owner still remebered who I was, after all he made a killing of me and i was there at least 3 times a week. I knew after reading everything here and elsewhere what I wanted. Anyway here it the pick of some of it, I also picked up a Manfrotto 190D tripod.

Cannon D40 Camera

Canon EF 24 - 70L mm F/2.8 USM

Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO EX DG Macro

Sigma 30 mm F1.4

Some CF media, 2 Optex Digital Filters, Flash, Battery Grip and a new Camera bag.

I saved $1300 off the entire price and the that was with the Sigma and CanonD40 both already a $100 off, so I saved $1500 plus what ever the taxes would have been. I could not be more pleased with my purchase and the deal I got. Then again I never buy anything unless I can get a good deal. So guess over the next while I will be readng manuals and trying it all out. I must thank this board for a lot of good opinions and such a treasure trove in the old posts.

2269168607_473a9f20db.jpg

Wow.. that must be a good deal then. :)

Well the one lens I had my heart set on was 24-70. Not nearly as heavy as I assumed it was going to be. Now last SLR I used was film, and boy do I have a lot of reading to do.

Have fun with the stuff! Lets see some pictures soon!

Well not one to read manuals this will change that thinking, did some quick out door shots, I am glad i have stuck to the F2.8 lens's. Nothing worth posting yet lol, maybe in a few weeks, I went outside, no flash and wow the images are just amazing. So just need to work out a few things, get some familiarity with it and then I will see if I have enough never to post them lol.Not used to using a SLR for colour, only ever did B&W film so this may be a huge learing curve. Couldn't be happier.

One, it's 40D, not D40, D40 is an entry level Nikon. Two, AWESOME KIT! Have fun shooting with it.

One, it's 40D, not D40, D40 is an entry level Nikon. Two, AWESOME KIT! Have fun shooting with it.

Thanks, I keep calling it that, must be all the Nikonese users here and I must be slightly confused lol.

I'm glad you didn't take it as a mean thing, it was supposed to be strictly informative. I would kill for a setup like that though, seriously.

How could I, most people here I find are not like that in anyway, try to take it as how it is meant and seriously thanks, been calling it that all day lmaooooo. I could have looked at the box but would have distracted me form the camera itself hahahhaha.

That's funny!! I saw the post and was like okay, is it Nikon D40 or Canon 40D....hmmmm Hey, at least you know we're paying attention!! As far as reading the manuals; I feel yah. I have enough reading with school so I just hop on Amazon and get the cheap tutorial DVDs. Then you can play while you watch and it's much quicker!!

Great set of equipement there, congrats. :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing the results.

One, it's 40D, not D40, D40 is an entry level Nikon.

DSLR noob to the rescue! :lmao:

Yeah, tottaly different cameras! I wonder why people only get the Canon models wrong , i don't think i have seen anyone write "Nikon 40D".

Congrats on the new gear, enjoy!

That's funny!! I saw the post and was like okay, is it Nikon D40 or Canon 40D....hmmmm Hey, at least you know we're paying attention!! As far as reading the manuals; I feel yah. I have enough reading with school so I just hop on Amazon and get the cheap tutorial DVDs. Then you can play while you watch and it's much quicker!!

Never even thought of that, great idea and thanks, on my way to look now.

A PERFECT example of what I meant by someone doing their homework and research BEFORE plunking down their money.

I can guarantee you that you will be very happy with your equipment for years... irrespective of the fact that you bought good quality equipment or not... you knew what you wanted and what it was worth before you bought.

Well done and enjoy all that nice new sparkly equipment!

Most reactions

Back