New Canon gear

ahaha wow.

it's so exciting!!!111 even though I can't afford any of that stuff.

I can't believe they didn't go with a full frame sensor on the 1D Mk. III. It's also a shame they can't come up with names that are easier to keep straight, they all start with EOS 1. But I guess they figure if you're going to spend that much, you'll research what they mean

It seems like it mostly for sports guys

I'm glad the didn't go with a full sized sensor. There are adv/dis to 1.6 as well as full frame. The 1.3x crop has worked nicely for me as a middle ground. Besides... the 5D and 1Ds MII both have full frame sensors available. That is more than enough choices for those wanting FF. There's no reason to add another to the mix and potentially loose a feature that makes the 1dMII/III unique. The 1D have a different purpose than the 5D and 1Ds which doesn't necessarily require FF sensor.

I can't believe they didn't go with a full frame sensor on the 1D Mk. III. It's also a shame they can't come up with names that are easier to keep straight, they all start with EOS 1. But I guess they figure if you're going to spend that much, you'll research what they mean

It seems like it mostly for sports guys

The 1D series of cameras have always been designed mainly for sports professionals, they don't want or need full frame, the 1.3 crop is too useful for them to drop. 300mm F2.8 becomes a 390mm F2.8 10mm difference from the 400mm 2.8 but at less than half the weight and at least £2000 less. Also wildlife photographers like the fact that the 500mm F4 becomes a 650mm F4 and again a lot less weight than the 600mm F4 and again a lot cheaper.

hmm, interesting, I heard it has life display preview. you can just lock the mirror and then use it just like a P6S ;)

I remember someone was complaining that only few dSLRs had this features today.

hmm, interesting, I heard it has life display preview. you can just lock the mirror and then use it just like a P6S ;)

I remember someone was complaining that only few dSLRs had this features today.

yep. in the 1dIII it is far more than that though...not only can you magnify it by 5 or 10x to make focusing more precise, view exposure, compose for 5x7, 8x10, etc, on the live preview, but you can also control it remotely from a computer if you have a WFT-E2A...

...which basically means from a completely different area you could focus, change aperture, ISO, etc, and shoot your camera...and send the file back to the computer (or to the internet or a seperate HD). seems like almost endless possibilities

...which basically means from a completely different area you could focus, change aperture, ISO, etc, and shoot your camera...and send the file back to the computer (or to the internet or a seperate HD). seems like almost endless possibilities

Hmm, I have some creative ideas which do exactly require this feature ...
.. but I am a full frame addict, so I have to wait until those features reach the FF world ;)

You guys are right. I didn't realize Canon was so focused in their new models that they would keep the smaller sensor just to cater more to sports photographers. It is a good idea, as long as they have another camera that is just as up-to-date with a FF sensor. (one that retains all the other goodies)

Most reactions

Back