New Canon rebel t3i owner

Basic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter in law gave me a Canon rebel t3i that had belonged to her grandpa. It was in mint condition and it had only been used for 5 pictures. I took it to a camera store and had it checked out and everything was perfect.

I have always wanted a nice camera for astrophotography and to take pictures of the homemade soap and cosmetics that I make and sell.

I really want to learn how to use this camera to its full potential. I purchased a rokinon 14mm f2.8 lens for landscape and astrophotography. And I have some questions about the camera settings while using the new lens. If someone can give me some advice about how to use this forum properly, I would greatly appreciate it.

I actually started out in photography with one of the Rebel DSLR cameras about 8 years ago. There is no quick fix to learn the features of your camera. I would recommend you Google how to use your camera. You will be amazed at how many YouTube videos you can find. Most Canon cameras are set up and operate the same way. Play around with the Automatic setting first. Keep track of the settings when you take a photo you like. Then, you can use the manual mode and set your settings just like the auto settings. I spent a good year taking pictures of anything that moved or didn't move in our backyard. Good luck & welcome to the forum.

Welcome! I started with the t4i and would read a section of the manual trying out settings. Take maybe 50 or 100 practice photos and then format the card.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back