new computer screen?

Trbo323

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wasnt sure where to put this but I am in the market for a new screen as I am using a 32"HDTV and have determined that the pixels being further apart than a standard computer screen are what is limiting me at this point.

really I am just looking for some basic knowlege on good screens, what kind of a price range should I be looking at? anything I should specificly be looking for in a screen that is built for photo editing? what about calibration? what are my options?

thanks for any help!

wow theres a lot of information there. Will resolutions above 1080 be noticable?

hmmm, I am trying to stick to a 27" but if the funds do not come together I will keep that one in mind

any specific pros or cons of it?

nothing im editing requires a 27, right now im using a 32" though and i just like big screens, sometimes i like to kick back on the couch and still be able to work =D

wow theres a lot of information there. Will resolutions above 1080 be noticable?

I don't know. I use a Dell 2209WA, and I like it fine. I do commercial retouching on it.
:thumbup:

I also use a Dell 2209WA as my editing workstations main display, and I calibrate it on a regular schedule (every new moon). I have a dual display setup, and the other display - 19" TN type - is for my desktop and Photoshop work pallets. So, the TN display gets calibrated once every blue moon (a blue moon is a second full moon in the same month.)

ok so im leaning towards the Samsung SyncMaster S27A850D at this point however, in the reviews i have been reading some reviewers seem to say it has a bit of a green cast and others a bit of a red cast and almost everyone says the screen itself does not seem to have as much adjustment built into the screen as some of the other top end screens out there. So here is my question, if i am running a 1g dedicated video card in conjunction with a spyder 4 calibrator will ANY color cast or lack of in screen adjustment be an issue since theoretically I will be adjusting it with the calibration and video card software?

Most reactions

Back