New Croton Dam

DannyMorrisPD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this last night online so took a trip down to it today. Was quite an amazing dam. Feedback always welcome.
$croton dam.jpg

That is amazing, I love the water spilling over the top and how it comes down in steps the length of the dam. I have to say I have not seen anything like this before

Thanks guys! It really was an amazing site to see and the picture does no justice on how massive it was. Here's the info:
Shutter Speed: 1.6 sec
ISO: 50
Aperture: f/22
ND8 Filter
Processed in Lightroom 4, Photomatix and Topaz Clarity

Here's 2 shots of the front side of the damn. The bridge up top is where I got the original posted shot from. A little nerve wracking since I have a fear of heights haha.
$croton2.jpg$park.jpg

My favorite is the 2nd picture (on the left)...I think it's the best crop (the last picture a little too zoomed out for me) and I like how the focus is on the falls and the bridge. I also like the blue sky above it! The last picture seems to focus more on the wall and the trees to the left. Overall, awesome shots!

Awesome stuff! I too like the 2nd one best. Only nit pick is there is an ever so slight bit of haloing where the trees meet the sky, but anyone not familiar with HDR would probably never notice.

Amazing looking structure, great shots! Would love to see a panorama version of the first one though.

Gary, I would love to get one, but I had to squeeze the camera in between and under a railing to get this shot. My tripod wasnt tall enough to shoot over the railing unfortunately. But thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Gary, I would love to get one, but I had to squeeze the camera in between and under a railing to get this shot. My tripod wasnt tall enough to shoot over the railing unfortunately. But thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

It leaves me wanting to see more of what's just outside of the fame, especially at the bottom.....Stupid railings!!
Your other pictures answered the question of what the rest of it looks like :) they are a strong set, nicely done sir.

Wow, I was there just last week.

Nothing I came away with is as impressive as these, though. VERY nice work!

Did you see the overturned boat at the bottom? Talk about things that make you go "Hmmmmm"...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back