New D7000...C&C would be greatly appreciated

ducatiti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. Been a lurker here for weeks. Great site!

Well, I have owned a D70 since 2004. Decided to purchase a new camera, the D7000.

After comparing the shots, I ended up giving the D70 to my 6 year old daughter...nuff said lol

Bought the body only and the 70-300mm VR. Recently purchased a 35mm 1.8 as well.

I must confess, for the last 7 years, the kit lens on my D70 never came off. I admit that I purchased a digital SLR for one reason, which is not to miss a smile.

But for the past month or so, I have learned more about photography than the past 6 or 7 years.

We went to the beach today and would like to share some photos. Pardon the noobie....

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

Pomponio3.jpg

I like the boken in the top pic ... I may have closed down the aperature a bit more .. but good shot just the same ... I give you credit for the BIF .... I won't try it ... and three is well composed but I'm guess it was hand held .... just seems not so sharp ... I could be right off base too tho ...but good series !

The only one that stands out for me is the third. A minor crop and a dose of the active D-Lighting feature would make that a REAL winner in my book.

I like the boken in the top pic ... I may have closed down the aperature a bit more .. but good shot just the same ... I give you credit for the BIF .... I won't try it ... and three is well composed but I'm guess it was hand held .... just seems not so sharp ... I could be right off base too tho ...but good series !

Thank you Ramblingman. I was expecting all negative feedbacks. I had my flamesuit on too.

By the way, what is BIF?

what type of post process did you do on the third shot - looks a bit over done for my taste, but a good photo nonetheless. the first two are just ok for me. the composition on the first shot is good. white balance looks like sun right overhead adjust the white balance and exposure or saturation to bring out the blue in the background - that might help it out imho.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back