New D90/First model

mzgloves20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two shots of my friend (hopeful model) Morgan. My first shot with "out of box" D90. My first shoot. Pop up on #1 and natural on #2. No other equip for these play shots. Looking for any c & c.

Love the board, lots of talented and helpful people here. :thumbup:

78508543.jpg

morgan13.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, but I am not a fan of skin smoothing to the degree you went on the 2nd picture.
Plus, she looks more olive in the 2nd picture, the first she looks more tan.
In the 2nd picture her hair almost looks grey, in the first, it is brown.

Looks good, but I am not a fan of skin smoothing to the degree you went on the 2nd picture.
Plus, she looks more olive in the 2nd picture, the first she looks more tan.
In the 2nd picture her hair almost looks grey, in the first, it is brown.

I'm not either (first use of p shop.) She is tan as in the first pic, with brown hair. Is the olive caused by the color of brown wall and the late afternoon light?

Thanks for the input!

WB on the second shot is off... the auto WB does get confused though.

Great photos! My portraits taken with my D90 don't turn out this good!

In that first shot it looks like perhaps a little too much D-lighting was applied maybe? The dark tones aren't dark enough as a result - in my opinion it would be a slightly better picture with slightly less D-lighting.

Great photos! My portraits taken with my D90 don't turn out this good!

thx... i have some others if you guys would ike to see. I am experimenting with lenses so they are all really practice.

Your settings are all over the place, one you shot at 1/1000 iso800 :confused:

Very possible, it was probably on automatic as I wanted to see how all the functions work. How did you tell what it was shot at?

Very possible, it was probably on automatic as I wanted to see how all the functions work. How did you tell what it was shot at?

My mistake 1/100 F10 iso800 but there is still room to lower the ISO

EXIF data. Google it.

Try not to get so tight on your crops.

p!nK

Most reactions

New Topics

Back