new desktop screen

tts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,
I am in need of a new screen for my desktop, any recommendations? obviously with great resolution please :D and which sizes do you prefer for editing? Thanks

When it comes to photo editing, size and resolution are less important than accurate tone & color. At the very least, I'd suggest avoiding the most common type of display...TN panels. These are typically the ones that will look different when you change your viewing angle....and that's not good for photo editing.

A better type of screen technology is IPS. These screens will look more consistent from various angles, which means your editing will likely be more consistent.

To take it a step further, you could look for a 'wide gamut' display. Most computer monitors can't even display all the colors in the sRGB color space....and that is usually the smallest color space that we would deal with.

But whatever you get, don't forget to factor in a calibration device, if you don't have one already.

Thank you :D and yes we use spyder to calibrate, which seems to work quiet well.

If you use the search function, you should be able to dig up some of the many previous threads that mention some good monitor recommendations.

You don't mention a budget.

In the $1000 to $1400 range look at NEC and Eizo wide gamut displays.
The thread has been moved to the forum section that has those other threads Mike mentions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back