New Digi cam... which one?

C_lawgik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I will e gettign a new digi cam hopefully soon and dont know which one to get? I was thinking a eoc 10d becuase i currently have a 35mm rebel do i could switch lense but i was wondering whatu guys thought?

I know somebody with the Cannon 10D and it takes great pictures. I don't know much else about it, but I think that it would be a great pick.

Depends what you want to use it for. You could save yourself some money by getting a digital rebel if you don't really need all the features of a 10D.

Heck, with the firmware hack you could even get most of the features of the 10D at a lower cost.

the 20d would eb a nice camera but i dont have that much cash. I really need a camera with a fast AF and FPS because i will be photographing sporting events. I currently only have 2 lenses for my canon.

If you want a fast DSLR on a limited budget then you want a Nikon D70.....but then of course you wouldn't be able to use your existing lenses.

Best thing to do is go to a store that will let you try the cameras out for yourself and see what you think.

C_lawgik said:
the 20d would eb a nice camera but i dont have that much cash. I really need a camera with a fast AF and FPS because i will be photographing sporting events. I currently only have 2 lenses for my canon.
What lenses are they?
If you know you're gonna be doing sports, stay away from the rebel. The autofocus is still crippled there.

And 20D's autofocus is supposedly much better also. (just as good as 1D series some people say) So you'd want to go there.

And unless you have a really nice lens right now, you're gonna end up spending a grand or two for the lenses anyways. 8)

D70 is a spectacular camera for me so far. I just picked it up a couple days ago. I recommend it. Check out dpreview.com, and look in the forums on it as well. It sells itself in my opinion. Better read the canon forum too just to be objective.

BTW...isnt the 20d out already?

Heck, with the firmware hack you could even get most of the features of the 10D at a lower cost.[/quote]

Can you do this with all digital SLR's? If so how do you do it.

Heck, with the firmware hack you could even get most of the features of the 10D at a lower cost.[/quote]

some...but not all from what I've been told. rebel body is good, but the kit lense is junk in comparison with the d70 18-70

Of course im a newb in the DSLR department, but the glass is what counts. That and the person behind the camera.

Hey.....just get a HOLGA....!!!!!! j/k...

***edit..i have been drinking...sorry

the lenses i hav eanrt the greatest so maybe it would be good to try smomething new

EDIT: I was lookign on bay and i can get a 10d for cheaper than a d70

C_lawgik said:
the lenses i hav eanrt the greatest so maybe it would be good to try smomething new

EDIT: I was lookign on bay and i can get a 10d for cheaper than a d70
Well... canon rules in the digital world. If you have some lenses, just pick the 10D body. 10D is way better camera than D70. D70 was designed to compete with rebel, and it doesn't do a good job there... let alone comparing it with a 10D. Just because the D70 has a 500 dollar lens on it, doesn't make the body better.

You have some Canon lenses, go with 10D. It's better and cheaper.

Nikon rests :twisted:

photo girl said:

No, it's just the digital Rebel. Canon based it's operating system on that of the 10D but disabled a lot of features. There's a well known Russian firmware hack that re-enables many of them.

Most reactions

Back