New Edit on an Old "Throw Away"

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would really like to get some thoughts on this. This is a photo in my "throw out" group from some shots in late '08. I was going back through and playing with some edits (just got Color Efex 3.0 Pro) and came up with a pretty neat look. Wondering if this photo does anything for anybody besides myself.

p401308398-4.jpg

I appreciate any comments, both good and bad. Remember, this was one of my throw outs so if it's still crap....no harm, no foul.

I like it a lot, I like the softness of it. The colors are great not too harsh, but not too soft very nice

I like it a lot, I like the softness of it. The colors are great not too harsh, but not too soft very nice

Thank you. I really appreciate your detailed response.

I wouldn't throw it out from my collection. Some info on how you got the shot would be an asset to us newbies.

I wouldn't throw it out from my collection. Some info on how you got the shot would be an asset to us newbies.

I don't remember a lot about the shot....based on the exif data...I shot this in May of last year (2008) and was in aperture priority set to f/8. Beyond that I don't remember much except that the day felt like kind of a dud photography wise, but this re-edit seems to have given it new life.

I rather like it - but the thing is to me its missing a subject to it - I feel as though something else should be in the shot for the attention - a frog, dragon, flower, bird etc... but something otherwise its rather like a background all over.
That is how I feel - I do still like the effect and look but its got nothing to hold my attention to it

I rather like it - but the thing is to me its missing a subject to it - I feel as though something else should be in the shot for the attention - a frog, dragon, flower, bird etc... but something otherwise its rather like a background all over.
That is how I feel - I do still like the effect and look but its got nothing to hold my attention to it

I agree completely and thanks for your input.

It might be a tad dark for my liking, but I think it looks good.

It looks like it was taken at night with fill flash only........nicely edited.

What does the original look like?

Thanks for your comments Hoser. Here is the unedited version for reference.
2008-05-22_3original.jpg

As a stand alone image, I don't like it. Its too dark and as said, lacks a subject.

However, I see potential in it as an accessory for something, such as a logo of some sort, maybe on a webpage, I'm not really sure. I think it has potential but I have no idea what for.

As a stand alone image, I don't like it. Its too dark and as said, lacks a subject.

However, I see potential in it as an accessory for something, such as a logo of some sort, maybe on a webpage, I'm not really sure. I think it has potential but I have no idea what for.

Yeah, too bad there wasn't an alligator or something in the water cause the darker edit has a real Lake Placid feel to it....but I agree it lacks a main subject. If there had been an animal of some kind in the photo then I would really love it.

Most reactions

Back