New Film in Old Cameras

cgw

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
3D printing to the rescue. Suspect the Chinese clonemeisters will crank these out for less if there's a market. The sprocket thing on 35mm has been done to death. Still, if you've got the itch, here's one way to scratch it:

CamerHack

A while back, Stradawhovious sent me a set that he'd printed himself. Anything is gimmicky if it's overdone, but the sprocket holes lent themselves pretty well to Arizona: Sprockets for Straddie

This was my favorite:
16126201437_b65f530424.jpg

A while back, Stradawhovious sent me a set that he'd printed himself. .............]

A home color darkroom? I'm 510nm with envy!!!!!

A while back, Stradawhovious sent me a set that he'd printed himself. .............]

Um...eh? Was I unclear or am I missing something (which is likely - brain isn't working so fast right now...). I meant he has a 3-D printer (which, as I understand, he made himself. There are blueprints for such things apparently) and made me a set of adapters. I used them to run a roll of 35mm film through my Lubitel.

......... I meant he has a 3-D printer (which, as I understand, he made himself. There are blueprints for such things apparently) ............

Oh. well, never mind.

Then again, why not print a 3D printer using..................... another 3D printer? I mean, why buy one when someone with one can make them for you?

I thought you meant he sent you pictures he printed himself using some sort of adapters he made, not that he printed his own adapters... So now that it's clear as mud! lol I'll take sprocket holes if it lets me use a camera that takes 116/616, or even a 126 Instamatic. I suppose if someone really doesn't want sprocket holes they can scan and crop but I'd just as soon experiment and have fun with sprocket holes. I almost typed scan and crap which may not work so well.

vintagesnaps said:
SNIP>>> I almost typed scan and crap which may not work so well.

That's what one does when making a medium-format or large-format scan at highest resolution...plenty of time for that...my scanner takes about five minutes to as much as seven minutes on those big pieces of film...plenty of time for scan and crap!

Most reactions

Back