New/First Pics

Kentanner11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I just got a Fuji S5000 and so far it is pretty cool, still have a lot to learn. Please be gentle as it has been along time since I have done any real photography.

1)
No Flash, f/3.2, Aperture Priority
DSCF7098.JPG

2)
No Flash, f/3.2 Ap Mode
DSCF7831.JPG

3)
No Flash, f/5.0 Ap
DSCF7778.JPG

4)
No Flash, f/4.5, AP
DSCF7844.JPG

5)
No Flash, f/4.5 AP
DSCF7859.JPG

6)
No flash, F/5.0, AP
DSCF7981.JPG

7)
No flash, F/5.6, AP
DSCF7860.JPG

I took most of these a week ago, before I knew about this forum. I know a little bit more now, but just used what ever worked then.
Thanks!

Welcome to TPF. :) These are some nice shots. Here are my suggestions:

1. Number you photos so it's easier to refer to them.
2. On #1, did you use macro mode? It looks a bit out of focus. I use the S700 (sig) and the macro mode allows me to focus up close for situations like this.
3. These pictures are pretty small. Larger ones would be more useful for critiquing them.
4. Just out of curiosity, are these being shot in manual or automatic?

Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

good shots

i hope u learn more from this forum

Edited.

What do you mean by being shot in manual or automatic?

Much better size :thumbup:. Manual mode is where you have to pick the aperture, ISO, and shutter speed for the shot. In automatic mode, these are set for you.

However, it looks like you are using aperture priority mode which is a mix of the automatic and manual. You set the aperture (and ISO too I believe?) and the camera sets the shutter speed to get a good exposure.

Did you take a look at #2 in my above post? I'm a bit curious about that shot because my Fuji has some trouble focusing in close like that as well. Using macro mode helps out a lot as I mentioned.

Much better size :thumbup:. Manual mode is where you have to pick the aperture, ISO, and shutter speed for the shot. In automatic mode, these are set for you.

However, it looks like you are using aperture priority mode which is a mix of the automatic and manual. You set the aperture (and ISO too I believe?) and the camera sets the shutter speed to get a good exposure.

Did you take a look at #2 in my above post? I'm a bit curious about that shot because my Fuji has some trouble focusing in close like that as well. Using macro mode helps out a lot as I mentioned.

I believe I just set it to ap and took shots, no clue what to set it to. I would like to learn though.
I agree that macro would have been better. Looks sorta artsy/abstract though.

Thanks again!

I believe I just set it to ap and took shots, no clue what to set it to. I would like to learn though.
I agree that macro would have been better. Looks sorta artsy/abstract though.

Thanks again!

No problem. If you're looking for a book on manual settings, "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson is a favorite around here. There are also plenty of resources online. Here's a link for ya: http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php.

Wow! Thanks for that link! I finally got to the ah ha! moment! I now get F stops/aperture and shutter speeds! YES! Do you know if they have any new "classroom" lessons cause I need more! lol. !

Most reactions

Back