New Fish(Go Easy)

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi I just thought I'd introduce myself to the community. A little bit about me. I'm 24, in the military, and living in the best city I've lived in so far (NYC. Rome comes second.) I just took up photography as a hobby and hope to see what it progresses into (fingers crossed). I'm open to criticism and such and I take advice pretty well, negative or positive.

So Yea. That's me. I plan on uploading some shots I just finished taking with my new camera a couple of hours ago. Hope to be around for a long time to come. :D

Here are a couple I took today while walking around Prospect Park in Brooklyn.

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

First and last one are a little overexposed.
On the first picture, I would have tried to get the black thing on the right hand side out of the frame, especially since all the diagonals attract the eye towards the edge.
The third seams a little out of focus.
Overall, I think that the composition is not bad, but technically you can improve those shots.

Thank you for showing your stuff!

Agree with deudeu's comments and add that your waterfall needs levelling as well as exposure work. Nice images, looking forward to more.

Welcome to the forum!

^^^ mostly agree with deudeu. (nice name :lol:)

I'm betting that first one was going to be tough to pull off what you were trying to accomplish since there was so much light there. The same pic taken of a train out in the dark at night might have been a neat effect though. Not that I'd wander around at night in NYC, but I'm a wuss. :)

Last shot needs to be straightened... just line up the top of the falls so it's level.

You're trying stuff, so that's good. Keep trying. Shows some promise. Needs some technical help and some understanding of composition, but you'll get there! Keep at it!

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. I'll be sure to go read some more on how to improve my shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back