New flickr, Cant post anymore!!

well, i got a new pc. Went from windows vista to windows 7. Flicker looks different and it also has a new add on the flicker website. Says "Its Flickr-er" New interface for viewing pictures with looks real nice. When i go to get the link for posting tho, its not there. When you click on the picture to get "All sizes" Its not there. click on it again and it goes to a slide show type interface. At the bottom has a liunk to "Share". Thats where you get the link info for posting on websites. Its in a different place then it used to be. They also have a option for a short HTTP:// and a long HTTP://. I have tried both with no luck.
I like the change weather its a windows thing or a flicker thing. Just not posting on here now... wich really sucks! Here are 2 pictures, one with the short and one with the long.

long example : (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41928320@N03/4869899237/)

Short example: (redeyesfly | Flickr - Photo Sharing!)
8qkvnX

Just right click then "copy image location."

Just right click then "copy image location."
Thx but I cant get that by right clicking on an image in flickr.

Read this:

Flickr: Help: Photos

I found it by clicking on your image. There was a link for if you were looking for the html code and it brought me here.

Thx for the link. I found it but no help. I found all the info on my own. Unless i will need that BBC code or whatever now. I always have used http:// with no hitch... I have posted many many times before and in my OP, I posted the http:// 2 times in 2 different ways. very annoying!

Last edited:
It works fine.

4870221935_e3204b951c_b.jpg

actions>all sizes>right click the image>properties>copy the address...

Read this:

Flickr: Help: Photos

I found it by clicking on your image. There was a link for if you were looking for the html code and it brought me here.

If you read that, it is apparently a violation of Flickr's Terms of Use to directly link to the photo (like everyone here does).

They want you to just link to the page, and that's it. They're trying to figure out a way to make it where you can do that, and still be able to actually see the picture instead of just a link...

Personally, I'll just keep doing it the same way I have been... If you want to 'stay legal', it is possible though.

Violation of terms of use:
4797096943_feb18b29ab_m.jpg

Perfectly fine:

I just made the picture a link back to it's page on flickr. Put the 'IMG' tags inside the 'URL' tags. Push quote on this post to see what I did.

ok ok I got it to work, but its a f'n pain now. Ill get used to it i guess. I tried Bitters' solution and it worked. Thanks Bitter.
0llllll0 Is that a Jeep? always wondered lol. Anyways thanks for the breakdown. I got it to work before i tried your way. I have always done it a little different. Just a new way to post now. All good and thanks for all of the info. BTW Ill be posting now on the macro forum.

Yeah, it's more involved than it used to be, but, whatchagunnado?

Flicker has now put the u in the li and added an s to the end of its name...

they have irked the $h!+ out of their users....and all for what again???

" Those stupid maternal unit Flickers!!!"

Flicker has now put the u in the li and added an s to the end of its name...

they have irked the $h!+ out of their users....and all for what again???

" Those stupid maternal unit Flickers!!!"

Yeah - I don't really get the changes to the TOS... Though, I admit - I'm one of the ones that just clicks 'Agree' without actually reading it, so there's no telling how long it's been that way...

I can see their side of it (they want more traffic, and thus - more ad revenue, I guess). I could understand that if it was free - but I'm paying to host my pictures there.

It's still a pretty good deal though... $24 (I think that's what it is...) a year for unlimited storage space? I think that would be pretty hard to beat...

edit
...There are no ads. What could more traffic give them with no ads?

i just switched to photobucket when that happened

Most reactions

Back