New Forest Abstract Landscapes

ChrisA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these at the weekend in the New Forest, England.

Poor weather so I took abstracts of the autumn colours.

20101031_MG_7967.jpg

20101031_MG_7962.jpg

What do you think ?

That bad eh.

I like the 2nd one. Reminds me of a painting. What editing did you do? Would you mind posting the original pic?

I was wanting to do one of these but I need a fluid mount head to get the nice fluid abstract motion like here :/

Thanks for the comments.

I like the 2nd one. Reminds me of a painting. What editing did you do? Would you mind posting the original pic?

These are the original images. No post processing other than converting the raw and slight tweak on saturation, white balance.

I was wanting to do one of these but I need a fluid mount head to get the nice fluid abstract motion like here :/

I did these hand held. Stand still set ISO low (100) F16 - to give you about 1 sec of exposure, move camera slightly (I found vertically best).

I also like the last one, I have used this technique as well.its alot of fun.

Mmmmn, tell me how you did it please?:sillysmi:

i really liked them especially the second; since i am also into oil painting, really love this kind of works; i think you can build up a gallery of this genre

Regards

Thanks Frequency and Sisco for your comments. It is fun to do.

I thought I had above.

Camera - set to AV (Aperture mode)

Set a low ISO and high enough F stop to get the shutter speed to be about 1 second.

Focus on the trees or whatever you're taking. Take shot and whilst it takes move the camera slightly. I have found moving vertically upwards works for me.

Chris

Thanks Frequency and Sisco for your comments. It is fun to do.

I thought I had above.

Camera - set to AV (Aperture mode)

Set a low ISO and high enough F stop to get the shutter speed to be about 1 second.

Focus on the trees or whatever you're taking. Take shot and whilst it takes move the camera slightly. I have found moving vertically upwards works for me.

Chris

Thanks! Will try it.

it's amazing how years ago these were considered screw ups and now they are a style ha ha

Mike leggero

http://www.michaelleggero.com

Please don't insult my inner artist...:lol:

And what's more I find after doing them, there's now a magazine article over here doing exactly the same....and then Photoshopping after...:meh:

Most reactions

Back