New forum sections?

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just noticed that we have a Canon, Nikon, and Sony ( :lol: ... ;) ) section now. Cool, I guess. I'm just thinking that it's going to be a real pain in the ass for the mods to move all of the existing Canon/Nikon/Sony threads to the new sections. :lol:

I thought everything went in the beginners forum. I'm definitely confused. What are these other 'sections' you speak of? This is blasphemy.

Oh cool! New subsections that AREN'T needed, and will seldom be used. Admins, way to respond to the user base. :roll:

I've got a stupid question that you all have heard a million times but....I'm a beginner - should I post pictures for C&C in the beginners forum or in the photo galleries???

I've got a stupid question that you all have heard a million times but....I'm a beginner - should I post pictures for C&C in the beginners forum or in the photo galleries???

Doesn't really matter. Most people surf the forum by using the New Posts feature, so the categories are kind of pointless. The beginner section should theoretically be used to ask advice on basic concepts. The photo galleries would be the place to post for C&C on photos, but everybody pretty much posts in the Beginners section. It's kind of the photo forum's dumping ground.

Well, the beginner section is also a gallery, and the description suggests you to post photos for critique. But that is what quite a few longtime members have asked, and asked, and asked, and asked for. To divide the beginner forum into beginner tech, and beginner crit sections. But nnnnnooooOOOOooooo! We get new name brand sections!!!!!! How flippin' awesome and useful is that?

I'm going to start posting all of my pictures in the Canon section, since that 's what I took them with. :lol:

I think in some cases, it could be good - but mostly it isn't really needed here.

Somewhere like DPReview - yeah, they need sub-sections for every camera brand you can think of.

I don't think we get enough brand-specific tech questions here to warrant having a Canon, Nikon, and DVD player section though.

I want them to make a whining, moaning, griping and complaining section. I'll just post all my stuff there.

We already have that. It's where I posted this thread. :lmao:

I want them to make a whining, moaning, griping and complaining section. I'll just post all my stuff there.

I haven't even been a member for a month yet and I have read so many threads/posts like that ^^^^^. I'm already annoyed by it and I can tell it must happen ALOT! Why would anyone waste their time crying about somebody not being nice to them on a freakin internet forum? It boggles the mind how daft people can be

Seriously, they should just delete the beginners forum so everyone just post in the appropiate section whether they are new or not.

Where in the world will Derrel post? :lol: These subsections are getting kind of ridiculous, in my opinion. Not everyone should be posting in the beginner's forum, but at the same time do we really need brand specific categories?

I'm somewhat confused why we've had these three sections added when out gear section is already underused and not overly filled with threads outside of beginners.

That said now its there - least you guys can do is make the job easy and help flag the needed to be moved threads with report posts :) (mods can't read everything ;)).

Most reactions

Back