New from Canada

paragon2087

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, just a brief hello and introduction. I hail from Edmonton, Canada. Although I've been playing around with photography for a couple of decades, am just pretty much a walk around amateur. I started with digital photography with the Canon Rebel XT and progressed to the 20D. Recently I purchased a Nikon D5100 & Sony 18-200 lens.

I enjoy most manual photography using older lenses on the Canon.

Regards,

Gord

Welcome to the community Gord!And don't worry about being an amateur, I am an amateur myself but have learnt so much from the people here! Best way is to post your shots and get honest feedback, that's how I improve. Anyhoot, looking forward to seeing your pictures soon, what is your photography style? Are you a studio shots person or more a nature, take-as-you-go type?

Guess you could say, rather opportunistic. Pretty much anything: nature, cityscapes, portraits. Recently shot this with a Soligar 35-200mm 3.8 lens, with a 2x Prinz Var-I-Rim Lens Extendor on my Canon 20D. Set at 200mm for a 400mm max. I use Paintshop Pro x6 and an old version of Adobe Photoshop elements 2.0. I have not done anything other than resize. It was taken just after sundown. Also a second shot taken a little later of another little fellow. I might add that last one was cropped from a larger image, taken at about 200 feet. So am rather pleased at the detail and will be experimenting further with that combo.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to TPF...

Hey Gord and welcome. The 5100 is a great camera, you'll have a lot of fun with it :)

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back