New from Chicago

RageWraps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good morning everyone. I thought it would be a good idea to register and start to learn more about world of Photography. I am a business owner and an artist, but I have no experience in real Photography. I am sitting here waiting for my first DSLR to come in the mail today. I ordered a Sony A65 and will be shooting mostly fast moving cars and kids. Once in a while I will be shooting in convention center style car shows (not the best light) and I would like your opinion on what kind of card I should buy. I would like to be able to use the 10/fps feature to its fullest. Once again I am very new to this, but felt that I out grew my point and click. So I am excited and can't wait to play with my new toy and to hear your suggestions.

Thanks again, Phil

Welcome.
The Miracle Mile at night during a snowy Christmas is beautiful.

I know zero re Sony cameras but it only makes sense that the fastest card won't create a bottleneck to emptying buffer.

Welcome to the forum, Phil! You can chat with other Sony owners in our Sony camera forum, which might get you some direct help. We're happy to have you on board. :) Keep posting, and have fun!

Welcome aboard Phil.

Keep in mind that when shooting 'fast moving' anything...they most important factor is often the camera's shutter speed. This is completely different than the frame rate, which is the 10fps that you mentioned. You could shoot at 10pfs, but if your shutter speed isn't fast enough then all of those photos may be blurry.

The next thing to know, is that you can't simply turn up the shutter speed (well, you can)...but when you do that, you limit the amount of light coming into the camera.
Without going into a whole lesson about the basics of exposure...I'll just say that if your goal is to shoot fast moving subject...the limiting factor is often the lens because of the maximum aperture. So you may want to look into a lens with a larger maximum aperture.

Hello and welcome to the forum Phil!

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF! :camera:

Flash memory card speeds are about the read speed, not the write speed.

Be that as it may, for video, which is at least 20 frames per second, Class 6 memory cards are sufficient for video.

So the limiting factor becomes the performance and capacity of the camera's buffer. Consult the Sony User's Manual for Sony's memory card recommendations.

Thanks for the info everyone. I will look into all of this. It is all new and exciting to me.

Welcome aboard from a fellow a65 owner.

Welcome to the site.

Wazzzzuuuuuuuup, Phil!>?!?!?!?!?!?

Welcome to TPF. We have some great people here, and every Tuesday night we get together at 6:30 PM Central time for a TPF hotdog feed. $12.95 buys you ALL the hot dogs and cheap Cragmont soda pop you can consume!!! So....stop on by Tuesday night, fer sure! (No diet pop is available...sorry...and the hotdogs are all chicken franks...no beef...and the ketchup is really,really watery and cheap...and the mustard...well, dangit, the mustard is EXCELLENT!!!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back