New from PA

Ron0921

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All,

New to the forums, but not to photography.

My name is Ron and have been messing with photography off an on for several several years now. Still not up to where I want to be as far as shooting food photos, but will get there.

My very first SLR was a Minolta X7A that my grandparents bought me when I was younger. Shot great pics and I do miss it (R.I.P). Me latest camera was a Canon EOS Rebel (Film) camera and it took a dump on me about 2 years ago. So I was cameraless for the last 2 years. I got a good check yesterday and with Fall being here and winter time coming I got the itch once again as I always get this time of year and splurged alittle. Kind of wished I did my homework first before splurging as I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T3 from Wal-Mart and after seeing some post here comparing it to the Nikon D3100 I wished I had purchased that one instead for the same price. Ohh well live and learn I guess.

I basically like shooting wildlife, nature and scenic's as I never got into Portrait photography, so hopefully this new camera will serve it's purpose.

I do have alot to learn going from a Film based SLR to now a DSLR, so hopefully I can learn alot of things from here. I will admit I have always shot with Auto-Focus on and really never messed with the manual stuff as I just have never taken the time to learn about it, with the different exposure settings and f-stops and stuff you can do in manual mode.

Well thats my short story, if you have any pointers, comments, suggestions, they are all welcomed and I can take basically any kind of criticism if I post any photos. So don't think it will hurt my feelings if you post criticism as thats the form of learning.

Ron

Welcome! There are quite a few of us on here from various parts of the state. Post some photos and questions and we'll take it from there.

Welcome from Reading!

Welcome to the party!!!
Wow, we sure have the Pa members flooding the forum here lately....=)
When's the Pa meetup?

Welcome to TPF! :thumbup:

Digital photography entails the photographer have a bit more, or at least different type, of technical knowledge.

To get a grounding in the basic concepts and terminology visit this web site - Digital Photography Tutorials

I'm from PA, too. The Pocono area. I wish I could get rid of my kids for a day so I can take some photos of the awesome leaves before they are gone for the winter... it's looking like I'm stuck though. :(

I'm from PA, too. The Pocono area. I wish I could get rid of my kids for a day so I can take some photos of the awesome leaves before they are gone for the winter... it's looking like I'm stuck though. :(

Take them w/!!

Hi all thanks for the welcome. Wow, good bit of PA people here, thats cool.

JackandSally, I know what you mean. Leaves here are almost gone here. I did see a tree up the street from me that the leaves are almost gone. Went to take a photo of it and now there is a UPS truck/man in my way, lol. I wished I had bought my camera a few weeks ago as coming home from Milton, PA I saw some awesome tree shots and now they are pretty much non-existent.

KmH, thanks for the info. I am slowly finding that out ;). Thanks for the link, very much appreciated.

mishele, I agree where and when is the PA Meetup?

Most reactions

Back