New from UK

Lib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,
I live in Wales, one of the countries that make up the UK. My real interest is landscape photography and I am fairly new to this fantastic hobby. My camera is a Nikon D90 and I have the following lenses: Nikkor 18-200mmVR / Nikkor 50mm f1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm. I use Adobe CS3 for editing. Really looking forward to the forum, as I think you can learn so much by questions and answers. We never seem to stop learning, do we ? Hope to chat to some of you soon. Lib :D

I want to edit this post to say that here in the UK, the dreadful attacks in the United States on the Twin Towers , the Pentagon and elsewhere are very much in our thoughts today, the 10th anniversary. A Memorial service was held this afternoon in Hyde Park in London, where a Memorial Garden has been erected. We all remember those who lost their lives on that day, citizens from all corners of the globe, and we think of their bereaved families and friends. Attacks such as this only strengthen our resolve and unite the world against such despicable acts . RIP all souls who died as a result of that day.

Last edited:
Welcome Lib....I am new to photography as well, and like you look forward to learning much much more.

Today has definitely been a somber day here in the states. It seems like just yesterday we were being attacked, hard to believe it has been 10 years already. As tragic as that day was, it is amazing to see the impact felt around the globe. It makes me smile when I hear stories such as your own about remembrance on a worldwide level.

Keep on keepin on!

Hi Everyone,
I live in Wales, one of the countries that make up the UK. My real interest is landscape photography and I am fairly new to this fantastic hobby. My camera is a Nikon D90 and I have the following lenses: Nikkor 18-200mmVR / Nikkor 50mm f1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm. I use Adobe CS3 for editing. Really looking forward to the forum, as I think you can learn so much by questions and answers. We never seem to stop learning, do we ? Hope to chat to some of you soon. Lib :D

I want to edit this post to say that here in the UK, the dreadful attacks in the United States on the Twin Towers , the Pentagon and elsewhere are very much in our thoughts today, the 10th anniversary. A Memorial service was held this afternoon in Hyde Park in London, where a Memorial Garden has been erected. We all remember those who lost their lives on that day, citizens from all corners of the globe, and we think of their bereaved families and friends. Attacks such as this only strengthen our resolve and unite the world against such despicable acts . RIP all souls who died as a result of that day.

Lib-
First off welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn alot about photography. And second, thank you so much for your kind words about this day. I am currently serving in Afghanistan and have also been to Iraq twice so this means alot to me. I think it is also important to remember how this event brought the world together. I have served side by side with nations from all over the world, including the UK, and although today is to remember the attacks on America I think it is also important we remember that these senseless acts of hatred happen all over the world and that it's not just an American fight.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back