New Fuji XT2 firmware download from May 8 2018

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today for the X-T2 version 4.01 is out, have heard that version 4 was not good. You now need firmware version 4.01.

Oh man, I updated yesterday, now I need to update again? Oh well

Once again my slacking pays off.

Less than 6 days with the camera and now another update. I read on the Fuji FB page about the problems.

On the Fuji X forum, one of the Mods says if your X-T2 is fine then don`t bother to re-changed the firmware. So at the moment I am leaving version 4 on mine.

I didn’t update yet. Have not had any issues with previous updates. This one is sounding too much like iPhone drama.

Last edited:
I`ve just rolled back to version 4.1 as I don`t fancy having a house brick in worse case going.

I kept the 4.0 because of the video options I wanted. But I'll update it when the revised firmware is released this month. I haven't had any of the issues they talked about or at least noticed anyways.

I am never quick to update the firmware on anything unless it fixes an issue I'm having. However, I do carefully read the documentation and see if there is anything in there that I want. If so, I usually wait a week or two before actually applying it. Firmware is a tricky thing so it's best to wait if possible. I waited this time. I recalled a couple or few updates ago, I started experiencing flickering with my long zoom and actually sent the zoom into the warranty center. They sent it back saying the lens was functioning properly. Did another update, maybe the last one or the one prior? The issue went away.

Firmware version 4.10 is now out, but for once I wont rush to do it.

Firmware version 4.10 is now out, but for once I wont rush to do it.

I updated mine. No problems. It's a revised one anyways with all the known bugs fixed. It should be stable.

I haven't updated yet. Anyone have issues with the newest update?

Most reactions

Back