New Gear

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to my local camera shop just to check out some gear because I wanted something new again with more megapixels,Higher shutter speeds,higher FPS and a little better then what I have,A nikon D90 and D3100 Glass is 18-55VR kit lens and Tamron 70-300VC. I have know idea why I looked at a canon 60D, ok it was the great price reduction.I checked out the demo with a canon lens on and within a short time I found my way through the entire menu system very easy.The articulated screen is really nice and the overall looks a feel of the camera is very nice,Felt really good in the hand.

I Took a couple shots in jpeg at signs in the store outside through the glass windows even some employees that work there and I found it snappy,fast accurate focus and the pictures looked so natural with excellent auto white balance. I like it so much I bought it with a Tamron 18-200 Di XR over the pricey cheap feeling canon Kit lens all under $800.00 with a UV filter that I will never use.I traded in the Nikon D3100 with the 18-55VR towards it so less cash out of pocket.

I got it home charge it and that seem like hours to charge may it was.I took it outside in good light with the largest raw files let it rip.I can Get around 16 or 17 frames before the buffer slows, not great but not to shabby either.I am getting the canon 70-200 f4L IS in a couple of weeks.I took a shot outside just a while ago in Jpeg no PP whatsoever or crop.Shot with Tamron 18 200 @ 1/1250 shutter F7.1 ISO 400 +1EV Centered weighted - Al Servo - noise reduction off. Airplane flying over with a banner ad I am and very happy with the results considering the glass is not that good.

IMG_0008 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back