New Generation of Viruses

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just experienced the new generation of viruses. No program would execute on my computer. Pop-ups indicated that my computer was infected and that I should subscribe to System Care Anti-Virus for $100 and allow a scan. I was suspicious so I refused. A pop up appeared for Win Security Cleaner Pro to solve my problem. I refused again. Both programs are FALSE and warnings that my virus software was infected were questionable. If you can't execute your virus programs, how do you really know whether they are infected or not?

Tracked things down to a file called AOR that was input from Russia.

Sounds like spam pop-ups to me. "system care anti-virus" ? It's pretty handy that they happen to sell you the cure don't you think?

Sure is. If you can't however execute a program, I am not sure how you would make use of it, even if you subscribed.

Safe mode, root killer, malewarebytes full scan and full scan on your antivirus in case of left overs.

Be careful of those 5000 free coins from Farmville and good luck.

Yes, that is the approach I took, only using a different anti-virus program.

Download Hitman Pro free trial for 30 days a second opinion scanner.It has multiple in the cloud scanners.It is quick to scan and has free removal for 30 days. After installation you need to activate it one time,no registration required. Malwarebytes.org another free scanner used by many PC repair shops.

If your blocked from visiting security program sites from a current virus on your system,start your system in safe mode with networking and try to download.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download HitmanPro 3 - SurfRight

The best security starts by harden your OS as much as possible and dont load to much security on it just gives more room for surface attack.

Last edited:
My policy is ANY time something like this happens, I shut down the machine, wipe it and reinstall. I never fully trust the cleaning process on this stuff and it's not worth the risk.

Download Hitman Pro free trial for 30 days a second opinion scanner.It has multiple in the cloud scanners.It is quick to scan and has free removal for 30 days. After installation you need to activate it one time,no registration required. Malwarebytes.org another free scanner used by many PC repair shops.

If your blocked from visiting security program sites from a current virus on your system,start your system in safe mode with networking and try to download.

The best security starts by harden your OS as much as possible and dont load to much security on it just gives more room for surface attack.

Hitman pro kickstart is great especially when you get the FBI warning.

But use the other use utilities for cleanup. Depending on the time the OP received the infection they better clean it up fast before it infects safemode as well.

Some infections will kick out you out of safe mode and restart back into normal mode. Tricksty hobbitses!!

yep once infected Offline image recovery from external device is the best or format and spends hours and hours and hours of updating.

I use chrome on our windows and sandboxie for browser virtualization locked down internet only access and nothing else runs in the sandbox.Also Appguard by Blueridge networks both arguably the two best security programs out. No antivirus program can match them period.

Last edited:
Fake Anti-Virus crap... usually Malware-bytes in safe mode will remove it (or most of it). But it won't repair all the damage...

I usually recommend a wipe, and reinstall. (and yes... I do IT professionally!) ;)

But use the other use utilities for cleanup. Depending on the time the OP received the infection they better clean it up fast before it infects safemode as well.

Some infections will kick out you out of safe mode and restart back into normal mode. Tricksty hobbitses!!

Wow, I think I solved the problem but it is really hard to tell when you get pop-ups that suggest you are infected but later when you check with a program apparently you are clean. I am checking for advertising bots next. I did manage to eliminate the bogus software references which "looked" surprisingly legitimate if you were not suspicious.

Wow, I think I solved the problem but it is really hard to tell when you get pop-ups that suggest you are infected but later when you check with a program apparently you are clean. I am checking for advertising bots next. I did manage to eliminate the bogus software references which "looked" surprisingly legitimate if you were not suspicious.

You can use SAS(Super Anti-Spyware) in combination with MalewareBytes, freaking awesome utilities. But usually if you are savvy, curious(pick one lol) you could(hopefully) create another admin user account(Ex. Test) log into there and go into the persons infected profile view hidden folders, look in the app data folder and usually the virus will be stored in the local and temps folders.

After reformatting your HDD and starting from scratch after all the updates and software installations again make 2 images of your HDD with Acronis or Ghost.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back