New Girl From Illinois

JenKat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, my name is Jennifer. I was browsing for photography forums and decided to join to meet like-minded people, to get critiques on some of my work to help my improve.

I've been playing with cameras since I could steal my mom's as a small child. There are drawers full of abstract, out of focus images that I still have no idea what the subjects were. :lol:

Anywho, I have been practicing for many years, any chance I could. I love portrait photography, as well as nature photography (landscapes, plants, animals, macros, etc.). I've recently had a chance to do an actual "shoot" of a 2 year old girl for my boss, and made a little money for it (which is always a plus).

My current camera is only a nice point-and-shoot (Sony DSC-H20). In the next couple months I am going to invest in my first dslr, so I am always looking for advice on a good, affordable "starter" camera... I have been looking at the Nikon 3000, and then was recently turned onto the D200 (which I have found use from a good dealer for $6-700 body only).

I am looking forward to meeting you all!
Jen

Is it snowing there?!!

Thanks!

Is it snowing there?!!

It has been snowing/icing most of the day. At the moment, I think it's either stopped, or just snowing lightly... The bad stuff is supposed to start by 6am... You know, I wouldn't mind missing a day of work or so... :D
We're supposed to get a heck of a storm, with up to 8-10 inches of snow. I guess we have been lucky, our winter has been very mild, compared to what places like NY have seen.

Welcome, your D200 is a good idea. Just to let you know that you can find them cheaper on here and ebay. I wouldnt pay over $550.00

Thanks! I'll look around for a better deal.

Hello from another Illinois resident. Nice weather we're having huh ;)

Hello from another Illinois resident. Nice weather we're having huh ;)

Why yes! Lol. Even after shoveling paths in my yard last night, I've still got like 10 inches to do again this morning...

welcome jenifer! why don't you have a look on ebay?

Great to meet you, Jennifer! Welcome!

Most reactions

Back