New glass!

BrickHouse

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My amazing wife just gave me the go-ahead to FINALLY order the Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 prime that I've been eye-balling for about 6 months as an early birthday gift. I go pick it up next weekend and can't wait! I absolutely love my 35mm f/1.8. In fact, I have a tough time even using my kit lenses anymore. I just can't stand the image quality. Very excited to see what I can do with this medium telephoto. Anybody else have it and love it?

85mm is my favorite focal length; I use my 1.4D for about 90% of my work... You're going to enjoy the Hades out of that lens when you get finally get it... wow, next weekend. That's a lonnnnggggggggggggggggg time to wait! :p

As fantastic as the 85 is, I just never have felt the love for it. Not bashing it, jez saying it ain't my cup o' tea.

I have the 85mm 1.8G, amazing lens but most of the time I use my 24-70mm 2.8G

Sometimes my zoom telephoto lens is a bit too heavy. I really want the 85mm 1.4, but i have to keep my desires in check because if i start to buying lenses that can shoot at the same focal length then i'm going to be far more likely leaving it at home, but i do love how beautiful the 85mm is and congratulations on the new lens!

85mm is my favorite focal length; I use my 1.4D for about 90% of my work... You're going to enjoy the Hades out of that lens when you get finally get it... wow, next weekend. That's a lonnnnggggggggggggggggg time to wait! :p

I know!! This week is going to crawl by. Oh well, waiting creates character right?

I love my 85. So so so glad I bought it. I use it very often. You'll love it!

You'll hate the 35 now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Love that 85 mm, the sharpest lens for the money Nikon makes. 1.8 and 1.4 have almost identical results.

My amazing wife just gave me the go-ahead to FINALLY order the Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 prime that I've been eye-balling for about 6 months as an early birthday gift. I go pick it up next weekend and can't wait! I absolutely love my 35mm f/1.8. In fact, I have a tough time even using my kit lenses anymore. I just can't stand the image quality. Very excited to see what I can do with this medium telephoto. Anybody else have it and love it?

Have one, wouldn't trade it for the world. It's a fantastic lens, one of my personal favorites.

I'm anticipating that there'll be a little learning curve like there was with the 35. I definitely had to learn how to not just shoot wide open but to stop down the appropriate amount to get the DOF I want.

I like the idea too that if I move to FX like I want in the next couple years, I can still use the 85.

Congrats!! My future son-in-law has my 70-200 for a 2-week free rental for his birthday. I can't believe I did that!! I am LOST without it now!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back