New guy from AZ!

djake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody, new guy from the East Valley of Phoenix AZ checking in! Ever since I could remember I watched my father take thousands of pictures on every vacation/sporting event/family get together we had. So when he bought his first DSLR, and actually learned about how to take the best pictures, and seeing him love how much he learned in the community college classes he took, I started to wonder how much of a difference all of this work could possibly make just to take better pictures...until I went home last July and saw all of his amazing pictures from his retirement Alaskan cruise he took my mom on. So I started asking questions and saving money, and just bought my first DSLR...a Canon T3i! I can't wait to learn and progress my skills, but also it's great to have something new I can talk about and share and learn with my father. Let's get shooting!

Welcome aboard. It sounds like you have a wonderful resource in your father.

Welcome and congrats on the new camera! I see that you are in Gilbert; where at? I am located at Higley/Guadalupe.

Welcome and congrats on the new camera! I see that you are in Gilbert; where at? I am located at Higley/Guadalupe.

I'm by Recker and Ray. Actually used to work at the bank on Higley & Guadalupe

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard.

I started to wonder how much of a difference all of this work could possibly make just to take better pictures...
The most important factor in 'taking better pictures' is what's going on behind the camera (the photographer). So the best way to improve your photography, is to improve the photographer (never stop learning).

Welcome from Tempe! You found a great forum to get involved with.

Hi everyone I also joined today like the look if the site Hoping to learn a lot, I hope the sure is amateur friendly

Hi everyone I also joined today like the look if the site Hoping to learn a lot, I hope the sure is amateur friendly

It generally is. But I'll say this, searching never hurts :wink: Welcome!

Welcome from Tempe! You found a great forum to get involved with.

Thanks! I've only taken a few at-home pics so far, but I'm finally off tomorrow so I think I'm heading to the mountains and maybe Tempe to get a good starting point. One thing I know is AZ sure isn't light on places to get some shots!

Most reactions

Back