New Guy From Germany

Max_Schröder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone

I've "maintained" photography as an actual hobby for about four years by now, and, after using all the local support I could get, decided to head for the online community.
My first camera was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT1, with which I wasn't happy at all.
I then bought a Canon EOS 400D (EOS Rebel XTi in northern America), which I got pre-used for 230 €, noticing too late that it was about 1/3 tape (it would turn off if tilted to the left).
With the camera came an EF-S 18-200mm lens which was in a just as bad condition.
But the set was still better than the Lumix, and my "actual start" into photography.
Last year I'd finally enough money to buy a new camera that matched my requirements (the hobby is funded by pocket-money, so there's not much of a budget).
I sold the 400D for about 100€, and could afford a Canon 700D (Canon Rebel T5i in northern America) which was sold as a package with an EFS 18-55mm lens.
I paired that with a second battery from a brand called iiquu (much cheaper, but almost as good as Canon), and a decent tripod.
Half a year later I got an EF-S 55-200mm lens for christmas, and started using an inherited Leica-tripod (that is stuck in the folded position, about 20cm long) as a vertical grip.
That was all I had for a long time, until I could afford a polarisation-filter and a remote-control release last week.
Now I hope to get better at photography, to "live up" to the cameras capabilities.
Also, of course, I'll see if I can give someone some helpful advice.

Until soon,

Max

Welcome from the east coast of the US, Maryland to be exact.

I lived in Germany near Frankfurt for 5 years and have been back a few times to enjoy the country and drink the beer.

Lew

Most reactions

Back