New guy from Idaho

SashaT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, my name is Sasha I am originally from the Los Angeles area but currently live in Idaho. I was never really into photography and then it happened. You see I am very “addicted” to fly fishing especially fishing in places that are off the beaten path. I used to take along my P&S camera but I was never really happy with the pictures. Yes the pictures came out but they didn’t capture the moment quite right.

Then about three years ago I was given a D3000 as a gift. I basically learned how to use it by trial and error plus some reading. I ended up getting different lenses and mostly use the 60mm micro 2.8 on it now. It is kind of a pain using that lens as I have to manually focus it due to the lack of a motor on the D3000 body. I also use the 18-55 VR and 55-200 on the camera.

Yes I know the 3000 is low end but I had wanted to get more proficient before moving on. I am now at the point where I am looking at new cameras; I am thinking D7100 but am open to suggestions. I am mostly here so that I can learn even more about my newfound hobby. It is funny; at first I was glad to have it so I could photograph my fishing trips. Now I would say that half the reason I go fishing these days, is so that I can take pictures and further develop my skills.

Here are a several pictures that I have taken of some of my trips:

b36289fa.jpg

d0e6e02d.jpg

8421e8a7.jpg

cc582d99.jpg

1897c093.jpg

OP
SashaT

SashaT

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Welcome to TPF! Can I get an "Awwwwwwwwwwww" for the duckling shot?

Thanks!

The bird in that shot is not a duck :sexywink:

Same bird a little later with my youngest son...

356aec0a.jpg

IceCanAm

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Welcome to the site.

smalltowngirl13

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello and welcome to the forum Sasha!

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome to TPF, Sasha! Some cute images you have here. :) Please take a look at our Gallery section - lots of different categories where you can post more of your work for us!

Enjoy!

OP
SashaT

SashaT

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks all, I hope to learn a lot and contribute what I can. However, with some of the photos I have seen here, I am almost embarrassed to post my stuff.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics